From: Erdal Ronahi <erdal ronahi gmail com>
Subject: Re: New team for [Persian, Old (ca.600-400 B.C.)] ([peo])
To: mazdak kiani yahoo com
Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org
Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008, 9:23 AM

Hi,

2008/5/31 Mazdak Kiani <mazdak kiani yahoo com>:
> I want to save old persian from persian domination.
>
> Current persian do not match our native language that is in use by a
large
> community and many people in pakistan, afghanestan, and tajikestan.

Mazdak, do I understand you correctly that you want to translate GNOME
into Dari as it is spoken in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan? If
so, it has ISO 639-3 code prs.
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=prs

Maybe you call the language "old Persian" there, and that led to
confusion. You provided the ISO code [peo], which belongs to a
different language as a lot of people pointed out here.

Best regards,
Erdal