Re: Using POs in local PCs

2008/5/5 Mostafa Daneshvar <mostafa daneshvar org uk>:
> Hi
>  I have a question in my mind that is how I can use translated POs in my local
>  PC? I am using Fedora 8, Gnome 2.20.1.
>  I want to know exactly how can I complied POs(what format) and where can I put
>  them in my local disk?
>  --
>  Mostafa Baloch
>  http://www.mdaneshvar.ir

You can use msgfmt for both error checking and compiling po files
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/msgfmt-Invocation.html).
Then you can put your .mo file ( with the same name as your
application ) into the directory where its is typically under
/usr/share/locale/LANG/. (LANG is your native language)