Re: Old msgid and msgstr

2008/5/4 Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>:
> Hi!
>
>  >  In most po files there are lots of 'msgid's that no longer used. Is
>  > there a way to cleanup these po files?
>
>  I am quite sure there is some way but it usually better to keep them
>  because once a string reappears you will automaticly get a translation
>  or at least fuzzy one.
>
>  Regards,
>  Johannes

If you are talking about obsolete messages ( which are commented out
with # ) , you can look at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/msgattrib-Invocation.html,
but as Johannes stated that keeping this messages if useful because of
the possibility of reappearing in the future. If you are not sure, it
does not a good idea I think.