Issue with two strings in GDM L10N
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-i18n gnome org
- Subject: Issue with two strings in GDM L10N
- Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:35:17 -0600
It was recently reported that there is a problem translating two strings
in GDM. They are currently marked for translation, but I think
improperly. You can read more in the bug report.
Refer to comment #10 for a description of the problem, and comment #12
for a proposed patch to fix the problem so the strings are more
clearly marked for translation.
I have two questions
1) I'm not sure the proposed patch is the right way to mark these
strings for translation. If there is a better way, I'd like to
2) I would like to fix this problem before the next GDM 2.20 release.
Is it necessary to ask for string break approval for this change
or is it acceptable to just change the code and ask the L10N
team to update the translations? Since these strings were
previously marked for translations, but improperly, I'm not sure
the right process here.
] [Thread Prev