Re: Quote entities

Em Sex, 2008-06-27 às 23:45 +0200, Jorge González González escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether the entities <quote> and </quote> present at
> some help documents, which I understand are transformed into "", are
> also replaced by each language specific quotes (for example «» in
> Spanish).

This can be accomplished by translating gnome-doc-utils accordingly:

#.
#. This is a special format message.  Please read the full translator
#. documentation before translating this message.  The documentation
#. is maintained as part of the stylesheet documentation in DocBook.
#. For your convenience, it has also been converted to an HTML file
#. named STYLESHEETS.xml in the i18n directory.
#.
#. quote - An inline quotation
#. http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/quote.html
#.
#. This is a format message used to format inline quotations.  This template
#. uses roles to control how the quotation is formatted.  The role indicates
#. whether this is an outer or inner quotation.  Quotations nested inside
#. another quotation are inner quotations.  Many languages have an alternate
#. notation for nested quotations.
#.
#. These stylesheets only provide two levels of quotation formatting.  If
#. quote elements are nested deeper, the stylesheets will alternate between
#. the 'outer' and 'inner' roles.  If your language uses different formatting
#. for deeper quotations, please contact the maintainers, and we will try to
#. implement a more flexible formatting mechanism.
#.
#. Special elements in the message will be replaced with the
#. appropriate content, as follows:
#.
#. node - The text content of the quote element
#.
#. These should be written as empty XML elements.  Due to limitations
#. in intltool, I can't write XML content in translator comments.  To
#. insert the node, simply write left angle bracket, node, slash,
#. right angle bracket.
#.
#. Additionally, format messages can use the i, b, and tt markup tags
#. to mark text as italic, bold, and monospace.
#.
#: ../xslt/gettext/l10n.xml.in.h:1150
msgid ""

--