One key stroke --> two code-points

Hi,

I am working on Khmer localization (KhmerOS project).

In Khmer, some of the basic vowels (which we include in the keyboard) require two code-points, so one keystroke must generate two code points.

It used to be that we could do the conversion in KBX by generating a fictious code-point (Pablo Saratxaga explained this to us a few years ago), which was later translated to two real code-points by puting the conversion in the en-US locale file. I did work at the time.

But now this seems to have stopped working. Does anybody knows how we can fix this?

Thanks,

Javier