evolution-caldev root commits failing

To: gnome-i18n, Christian Kellner
__________________________________

Hi everyone :)

I just added our translation (enormous, it was ;) ) to evolution- caldav. Two things made this more difficult:

1. the PO directory does not have a LINGUAS file. Christian, it is much better l10n practice to put LINGUAS in /po, rather than relying on translators filling in ALL_LINGUAS in the /configure.in file. It's quicker for us, it means we don't have to check out the whole package, and that we won't mess up your config info. So please use /po/LINGUAS.

2. I added "vi" to ALL_LINGUAS in /configure.in, added that info to the /ChangeLog, then tried to commit my changes in /.

svn: 'pre-commit' hook failed with error output:
A valid MAINTAINERS file is required. See http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner#maintainers (47-1)

I don't know what's wrong with MAINTAINERS (it only contains Christian's name and email), but I need to report it, because it meant I couldn't commit my changes, so "vi" has not been added to ALL_LINGUAS in configure.in.

Christian, since I can't do that, could you please add "vi" for me? Otherwise, our translation will not be used.

(This email is also sent to gnome-i18n in case anyone else strikes the same problem, and so they know it's already been reported.)

Thankyou.

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n