Re: Popularity of GNOME applications besides the core

?????????? ????? írta:
Is there a statistic of the popularity of GNOME apps besides the core?
For example - which GNOME apps are included in popular distros (Fedora,
Mandriva, Ubuntu, SuSe, Debian, etc.)?
Which applications will be the users exposed at?

Well, I have something similar to this, for the case of Ubuntu:

http://delfin.unideb.hu/~kg0021/ddtp-listak/popcon-sort/ddtp-main-popcon.html
http://delfin.unideb.hu/~kg0021/ddtp-listak/popcon-sort/ddtp-universe-popcon.html

These tables are sorted by the popularity contest value of the packages, so I think they show quite accurately what is actually used by Ubuntu users.

The story of these tables (in case somebody cares :)) is that we want to translate the package decriptions for the applications visible in the Add/Remove tool, which is in the Applications menu on Ubuntu. So we took the files used to show the application list, applied some shell woodoo with wild guesses, and generated tables with application names and links pointing to those package descriptions we wanted to care about in the vast ddtp templates of Rosetta^HLaunchpad Translations. As the Add/Remove tool contains ~1500 packages from the Universe repo, it seemed a good idea to sort the table according to the popcon value, so we can start translating the really popular applications.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen