Re: HTML tags in translatable strings - glade
- From: "Tristan Van Berkom" <tvb gnome org>
- To: "Jonh Wendell" <jwendell gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org>, Glade developers' list <glade-devel lists ximian com>, GNOME Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: HTML tags in translatable strings - glade
- Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 00:08:33 -0200
On Jan 11, 2008 9:47 PM, Jonh Wendell <jwendell gnome org
I'd like some help/direction on how to fix bug 498402 .
It's about strings like '<b>Enter a name for this connection</b>'.
These strings come from glade, and are marked for translation. I know i
should cut the html tags, but is there a way to do this without need of
coding? Can glade/intltools strip those marks away automagically?
There is an old debate I see you found here:
My personal preference here would be to support the
attributes property in glade, as proposed by Matthias.
Then the preffered way of setting markup would simply
be through a separate property. (the bug also mentions
certain conflicts when setting "attributes" & "use_underline"
and other auxiliary properties, these conflicts IMO should
be dealt with in
PS: Adding glade-devel to the CC list, hope thats ok.
] [Thread Prev