Re: Translation of words between inverted commas

Jorge González González írta:
Hi,

I was translating libgnome and I had a doubt, how should we translate
strings like:

#: ../schemas/desktop_gnome_interface.schemas.in.in.h:32
msgid "Size of icons in toolbars, either \"small-toolbar\" or
\"large-toolbar\"."

'Cos sometimes I've seen the words between the inverted commas
translated and others not. Should I open a bug in bugzilla?

Thanks and cheers.

This is not a bug, and you should not translate them. As you can see, such strings are coming from schemas.in files, which means they will show up in the gconf-editor as descriptions of gconf keys. The quoted strings are the possible values of the keys, and can't be translated, because gconf understands them only in their original form.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen