Re: gucharmap branched for 2.22

Hi;

Le mardi 08 janvier 2008 à 19:41 +0100, Claude Paroz a écrit :
> Le mardi 08 janvier 2008 à 13:06 +0100, Christian Persch a écrit :
> > Hi;
> >
> > Le mardi 08 janvier 2008 à 12:35 +0100, Gil Forcada a écrit :
> > > seems gucharmap wasn't branched for 2.18 but in 2.20 instead, so which
> > > branch applies to 2.18?
> >
> > I think the gnome-2-16 branch should be listed for 2.18 too. I've fixed
> > the jhbuild modulset accordingly.
>
> This case is interesting (and not alone). When there isn't a branch for
> a release, it's probably not the preceding branch that was used, but
> rather the trunk at the time of the release, is it?
>
> In such cases, I'm inclined to think that the branch we should track is
> more the next branch than the preceding, that is, in this situation, the
> gnome-2-20 branch is closer to the real gnome-2-18 version than the
> gnome-2-16.

You can't tell without examining the trunk at that revision. E.g. it
might depend on APIs that weren't in the platform for 2.18 but only for
2.20.

In the case of gucharmap, examining the branches and tags in svn leads
me to believe that we should use the 2-16 branch (gucharmap 1.8.x) for
2.18 too.

Regards,