Re: Please commit my files: Pashto team

في ح، 03-02-2008 عند 20:57 +0100 ، كتب Wouter Bolsterlee:
> 2008-02-03 klockan 20:08 skrev Christian Rose:
> > Perhaps it should rather be (my guess):
> >
> > msgid "Enable autocompletion in \"Run Application\" dialog"
> > msgstr "په "\کاريال پرانيستل"\ کړکۍ کښې خپلبشپړېدل وړول"
>
> I think this makes more sense:
>
>   msgstr "په \"کاريال پرانيستل\" کړکۍ کښې خپلبشپړېدل وړول"
>
> The \ character should precede the ", not the other way aroudn. Yes, I know
> Pashtu is a RTL language, but the parser expects just bytes I think ;)

For RTL languages, Wooter's is the correct way. The byte sequence should
be an '\' then a '"'

What it looks like will depend on the surrounding text and the
renderer.

With a correct unicode implemenation like pango, assuming all other text
is RTL, if the quoted text is RTL, it will look flipped. e.g

\"کاريال پرانيستل\"

(The bytes are ordered RTL here.)

If the quoted text is LTR it will look like LTR text:

\"%s\"

So, RTL language translators should ignore what the text looks like and
input the correct character sequence.

Djihed

(Yes, this was one of my headaches when I started translation)

--
Have a project you would like to be translated to Arabic?
Let us know:

Blog: http://djihed.com