Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo (yo, ha, ig)

Further to my discussion on

in which I mentioned that a Nigerian distro called Wazobia Linux has
translated various GNOME applications into the three languages in the
subject line, a user has found a disk image, extracted the .mo files,
decompiled them to .po and sent them to me.  I have reproduced the
archive and the files here temporarily for easy access:

Must these translations have been released under a Free licence?
What do we have to do in order to merge them upstream?

Thomas Thurman, tthurman at gnome, http://blogs.gnome.org/tthurman
Did you know...