Managing plurals

Hi,

gtranslator right now is using a kbabel like style for plurals based on tabs.
So I have: msgid with 2 tabs (Singular|Plural)
and msgstr with N tabs (Singular|Plural 1 ...)

I want to add that when you are in a message with plurals and you are in the
singular tab of msgstr and you press next message, I want to do that gtranslator
switch to the Plural 1 tab, if you press again Pural 2 ...
Another thing that I want to do is that if you are in Plural X on msgstr gtranslator
switches automatically to the Plural 1 of msgid and if I come back to Singular of
msgstr switch automatically to Singular of msgid.

As I only know about languages with 2 plurals here is the question:

Can I do this? I mean in Spanish/Galician if you in Plural 1 you want to see the Plural
tab of msgid but is this user case possible in other languages?

Regards.