Re: major libgweather Locations updates

2008/8/4 Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Am Sonntag, den 03.08.2008, 21:24 -0400 schrieb Dan Winship:
> I've just committed a huge update to libgweather's Locations.xml.in.
> >From an i18n perspective, the big changes are that a lot of strings
> representing airport names, etc, went away and were replaced with actual
> city names. Also, many city names in some countries were replaced with
> better-localized/better-transliterated versions.

Uhm. This has decreased all translations by 5-6% which is A LOT:
http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-2-24
I'd prefer to revert this change and get it in early for 2.25 so teams
have enough time to translate - now it's only 7 weeks left and a lot of
other modules to translate for most teams, too.
But I'm not a translator so I'd like to see opinions of other teams.

I'm from the Danish translation team. Normally I'd prefer to just push through and get big changes done right away, BUT this one is not only a big change but also one that will require lots of research, so I agree with Andre that it would be better to commit this patch early in the next release cycle.
Regards Kenneth Nielsen