Re: translating numbers

في ر، 23-04-2008 عند 22:29 +0200 ، كتب daniel g. siegel:
> hi!
>
> in cheese we got a nice countdown widget, which just counts down from 3
> to 1 and then shows a small camera. those three strings ("1", "2", and
> "3" are not translated). should i make them translatable?
>
> at least i think, there are some people, who do not use arabic numbers.

Hi!

Please work it out using variable placeholders, i.e %d and a comment.

That way, we, at the Arabic team (we use both Arabic and Hindu numerals
for different locales) could just use %Id and the application will
display the right numerals upon reading the locale.

If you use 1, 2, etc verbatim we will just copy them and nobody will get
the benefit.

Djihed