Re: start a new translation team

Le mardi 15 avril 2008 à 07:54 +0430, Mohammad Foroughi a écrit :
> Do u accept that since 2 years ago there is no new work?

Of course, we accept it! We're in Free Software world, working mostly
with volunteer individuals. So if you're not accepting it, step in and
contribute.

> Do u accept the difference between gnome and Farsiweb's linux?

Once again, yes. Nothing prevent anyone to take Free Software and
package it into a commercial product. See also
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
Now if they respect the licences, you have the right to acquire one such
distribution, get the source and publish it (with the relevant copyright
notices), at least for GPL software.

> As I told you before, we can assume that there is no bad intention, by
> the way, we can not decline 2 years of suspension.
>
> I want to reactiveate the team! EVEN THE CURRENT TEAM! In fact my goal
> is to resume translation process by any means:
>
> Starting a parallel work
> or
> Stopping the original team and starting an active one
> or
> Motivating current team members!

That's a great objective. We can only encourage you to go forward.

> I personally do not matter, it is at you to decive.

No, we won't decide anything. It's up to you. Begin to work, send your
work to the current Team leader, or submit your work to Bugzilla.
We will intervene only if the current leader don't react in a reasonable
time (several weeks). Then you might become the new Team leader or get a
SVN account [1], but you have to show us first that you're contributing
significantly.

Cheers,

Claude

[1] http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount