Re: start a new translation team

2008-04-14 klockan 15:58 skrev Mohammad Foroughi:
> Di o you saw the links?
>
> Dear Wouter, please take a look at these and tell me your idea:
>
> http://www.farsiweb.ir/wiki/Image:Application_Menu.png
> http://417.ir/ubuntu-8.04.jpg
>
> You, as a non persian, please tell me why ubuntu is so poor in
> translation while Sharif Linux is so reach?

That indicates that Farsiweb has changes that are not in upstream Gnome SVN.
While quite annoying to users and translators, this happens all the time
(also with Ubuntu/Gnome integration). As far as I can see, there is no
reason to suspect Farsiweb of bad intentions. Have they stated their
translations cannot be reused in other projects? If so, can you verify they
did not build upon old translations in Gnome SVN (in which case they have to
obey the original license).

Please, do some research/homework before throwing with mud. My suggestion:

> > I'd suggest getting yourself a copy of the sources and making sure the
> > translations in the Farsiweb distribution are committed to upstream SVN
> > as well (if the license permits doing so, which I sincerely hope).

...but you already saw that in my previous mail.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

i had no choice :: but to hear you                       -- alanis morisette