Re: Argh.. Novell people imports external translations again

On 16/09/2007, at 10:37 AM, Jorge González González wrote:

El dom, 16-09-2007 a las 00:26 +0200, Vincent Untz escribió:
I've reverted all the po files to revision 338 (ie, before this commit),
except for gl, pt_BR and sv which were already reverted.
At first I thought the Spanish translation was ok, now I know it is
not.
Besides, I don't know why he had to remove my name from the header?
And obviously overwrite some of our vocabulary with other deprecated.

I'm sure Jimmy didn't want to create a problem here, and probably didn't
know that it shouldn't be done like this. Now he knows :-)
Hi did, a big one :-p

This is very similar to the Ubuntu situation, where our translations are overwritten in Rosetta on Launchpad. I don't remember if we achieved any resolution on that. Did we?

If so, perhaps we can apply the same policy to all external edits of GTP files.

If not, we need a policy, and we need to publicize it.

Part of the policy should be that all edits go through the GTP language team concerned: of course we welcome participation, but the GTP language team is responsible for QA.

QA (Quality Assurance) for i18n includes:
 • maintaining correct and consistent vocabulary
 • assigning translators to specific files
 • maintaining copyright statements
 • maintaining a correct list of previous and current translators
 • reviewing translations
 • managing bug reports

Anyone is welcome to participate in translation, as long as they work within the GTP QA framework.

Otherwise, perhaps they want to take on the QA responsibility, and we can all put our feet up and have icecream and chocolate. ;)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n