Counting words in Damned Lies

Hello,

would it be possible to show word counts instead of strings in Damned
Lies?  String count is not very useful for a translator: some packages
contain hundreds of 1-word strings, and others just a few long
paragraphs.  I know strings are easier to count [1], but counting words
isn't that big a deal either.  Adapt to the user, not to the computer,
right?

Would anyone else be interested in such a feature?

[1] I could imagine problems with counting words in some non-Latin
languages, but my knowledge in this area is next to zero.

Best regards,
--
Gintautas Miliauskas