Survey on usage patterns of CATs and open source software

Hello,

I'm passing on this IMO very interesting message that turned up on the
Linuxfortranslators list.

I believe there are quite a few people on this list who are well suited
to make a valuable contribution to the survey and the project behind it.

This is not least since I think the "traditional" and commercial
translation world has a lot to learn from open source translation
processes, including all that implies.

It's a chance to make your voice as a translator heard, and for those
who want to, a chance to participate in and/or contribute to open source
tools for translators.

I've already done the survey, and I can recommend it.

The more translators (and possibly translator-developers) that
contribute, the better the results :)

And since we're talking open source, the benefits would be mutual.

BR,
Gudmund

The message:
---
Hello together,

the Linux Solutions Group e.V. (LiSoG) is supporting the initiative
Forum Open Language Tools (FOLT) initiating a Translation Open Source
Systems (TMOSS) [1]. FOLT has published an excerpt on this topic [2]
(currently only in german. English version is in progress). LiSoG is
doing an online survey to find out the pattern of use for translation
memory software and the acceptance for using open source software in
general. The survey is available in German [3] and English [4].

Please step by and check out the survey. It is quite an interessting
project and the FOLT guys are really up to pushing the development of an
Open Source translation memory system. Just give them input about your
needs.

[1] -
http://www.lisog.org/projekte/supported_projects/folt/pm_folt_071017
[2] -
http://www.forum-open-language-tools.de/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=15&Itemid=39
[3] - https://survey.lisog.org/survey_folt/de
[4] - https://survey.lisog.org/survey_folt/en

-- Sincerely Nico Gulden -- Technical Lead Linux Solutions Group e.V. -
LiSoG Fon: +49 711/90715-393 || Fax: +49 711/90715-350 E-Mail:
gulden lisog org || Jabber: ngulden pub uue org 1024D/5F028B90 9324 E7F8
8D5C 42B1 892A 254A 4F50 35CF 5F02 8B90 http://www.lisog.org
Breitscheidstr. 4, 70174 Stuttgart, Germany Branch offices: Stuttgart -
Z�- Vienna