Re: Add translation contexts

On 9/22/07, Danilo Šegan <danilo gnome org> wrote:
> GNOME is still not using msgctxt.  It would be worthwhile to switch,
> but note that msgctxt is incompatible with the existing GNOME-way, so
> it's not trivial (as in change just one library [namely glib]), but it
> will involve changing it all over GNOME.

I'd always tend to think this is laziness rather than anything else, as
KDE4 has had concerted effort on converting home-brew solution to
native gettext support, and seems to go well.

And why changing everything all over GNOME is needed? Isn't all
Q_() calls end up in glib/gi18n.h, which calls g_strip_context()?

Abel