Pease announce string freezes [WAS:Re: ANNOUNCE: gbrainy 0.41 released]

Hi,

Generally, as a translation coordinator at gnome-i18n, I am more
concerned about the string freeze announcement than about the release
announcement. I think the other coordinators share this with me.

It's a habit I noticed lately of developers making and announcing
releases without notifying translators of their release intentions
beforehand.

GNOME is big. It's really big. And strings change fast, there are always
new additions. Without announcing your release intention it's hard for
us to predict that your package needs translations, and it's hard for us
to prioritise packages. We'd like to translate your work :-) But
subscribing to every mailing list of every package seems a bit overkill,
IMO.

PS. If I missed your string freeze announcement to this list then I
apologise, but the point still stands.

Djihed

في ن، 19-11-2007 عند 21:08 +0100 ، كتب Jordi Mas:

--
Have a project you would like to be translated to Arabic?
Let us know:

Blog: http://djihed.com