Re: GNOME dependencies and translation status

Djihed Afifi написа:
> How to commit back the work? Does the freedesktop project grant commit
> access to translators?

That depends mostly on the particular project. FD.o projects are mostly
hesitant to grant commit access.

Apart from being the Bulgarian Gnome translation coordinator, I am also
the coordinator for the Bulgarian translation project coordinator so I
often have to fight the TP robot and I really hate its guts.

My usual advice to translators is to bypass the TP robot, check out the
corresponding project, check which are the real committers to the
po-directory and then contact directly those developers.

Then people can negotiate better ways of cooperation:
1. The translator immediately learns whether there are any other
translators.
2. To commit upstream - one can use either the mailing list of the
project or their bug tracking system.
3. One can slip in a translation much faster to an imminent release.

So - burn the TP robot.

Kind regards:
al_shopov