Issues in translating GNOME to Irish

I'm working on updating the Irish translation of GNOME and I've run into a couple of problems. First is the use of a generic "About" string to set about window titles. I've been working on gnome-panel, where the program name to translate is "The GNOME Panel". This translates to "An Painéal GNOME", which creates problems with the translation of "About" to "Eolas faoi". When "faoi" is placed before the definite article "an", the article is dropped and "faoi" becomes "faoin". Additionally, the word "Painéal" needs to be mutated (becoming "bPainéal") because it follows this. Dropping the "An" would require "Painéal" to become "Phainéal" in this context. I figure with as diverse a language community as GNOME seems to have, one of the other translators might have run into this issue as well and know of a solution. I would appreciate any help I can get on this issue. The second problem involves the way that numbering works in Irish. In the singular, a noun will never have a number placed before it. Thus, "You will be automatically logged out in %d second" would translate without the %d. This seems like it might cause issues, though I'm not sure. Any feedback on this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sean Burke