Re: Fwd: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

Hi,
I would like to add the Bulgarian translators to the contributors list.
I have several questions:
1. The list
in:http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-desktop/trunk/gnome-about/contributors.h?view=markup
should be alphabetically sorted (American Enlish collation). It is not
sorted now - should someone fix this?
2. I want to add names in Cyrillic. For this:
I start with the name in Cyrillic
Then convert it in UTF-8
Then represent bytes outside ASCII hexadecimal
Then I get the latin transliteration of the name and put it in N_()
Then I put a comment with the cyrillic representation of the name
Then I regenerate the po file and give there the proper Cyrillic
representation.

In this grand scheme - why on Earth do I need the hexadecimal
representation of the name?

I would prefer to do sth like this:
Give the name in Cyrillic and then add in parentheses the ASCII version
like:
Александър Шопов (Alexander Shopov) and never use the N_() macro. Thus
the other teams will not have to bang their heads on rocks trying to
guess what should be the representation of my name in Hiragana (for
example) (no string breaks) . (Or if Alan Cox suddenly decides to write
his name in Welsh, I will not have the unbelievable time of my life
trying to guess who is who).
(in this case the hexadecimal UTF will be necessary)

Kind regards:
al_shopov