Re: String changes (additions) in Tomboy for plugin names and descriptions

> I was under the impression that translators run `make update-po`?  I
> just assumed that everything in the po directory was handled by the
> i18n/l10n team.  Looking now, several of our .po files have recent
> "POT-Creation-Date"s.  Though several have old ones, as well.
>
> Do I need to run `make update-po`?  Do I need to do any checking to
> ensure that the .po files aren't adversely affected by running this
> command?  I apologize for being so clueless in this area.

Most translation maintainers don't generate pots/pos from sources, they
just grab the updated po's from l10n.gnome.org. The software behind
l10n.gnome.org (damned-lies) generates them using intltool as far as I
see.

If you update the po's yourself somehow outside, most translators will
override them, as we assume only we work on the po files and
damned-lies.

I guess the good thing to do is to make intltool catch the strings,
otherwise I think it is a bit too late to inform translators of what
needs to be done, unfortunatly :-( .tarballs due in two days right?

Djihed