Re: Maintainer question

Le vendredi 22 juin 2007 �3:06 +0200, Xavier Claessens a �it :
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of a GNOME project (Empathy) with .po files for many
> languages. Many po files are out dated and ca be updated automatically
> using "make update-po" in the po/ directory. Should that be done by the
> maintainer of the project (me) or by each translator before committing
> an updated translation?

Hi Xavier,

It's the duty of each translation committer to be sure the po file he
commits is up-to-date. They either pick the automatically updated po in
Damned-Lies [1], or they can update the file themselves through
"intltool-update LANG" in the source po directory.
There is no use for you to update the po unless translators add/correct
localized strings.

BTW, if you want to have a release with the maximal updated languages,
just let this ML know about the next planned release date of your
package.

Hope this helps.

Claude

[1] http://l10n.gnome.org/module/empathy