Re: g-p-m: What does "quirk website" mean?

Στις 10-07-2007, ημέρα Τρι, και ώρα 13:34 +0700, ο/η Theppitak
Karoonboonyanan έγραψε:
> Hi,
>
> In gnome-power-manager trunk:
>
> #: ../src/gpm-notify.c:568
> msgid "Visit quirk website"
>
> >From the source, it seems to appear on hibernation failure.
> But where does it point to, so we can find appropriate
> translated term for it?

The file gpm-notify.c is at
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-power-manager/trunk/src/gpm-notify.c?view=log
(click on "view" to see the content of the file).

The website then is
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

It refers partly to the blog post at
http://hughsient.livejournal.com/29730.html
Quirks refer to strange/weird/undocumented behaviour of hardware.
Because the manufacturers do not provide the necessary information for
non-FOSS software support, it is up to the users to supply the info by
following the procedures outlined in the "Quirks website".

Simos