Re: Progress pages not updating, and when 100% isn't

Hi Clytie,

Today at 5:32, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> I've started updating my files from SVN, and when I logged on
> yesterday, all my commits from the day before were showing on
> progress.gnome.org. Then I did a stack more updates and committed
> them. However, when I logged on today, none of those commits were
> showing on p.g.o.

There was a problem with server configuration, and l10n.gnome.org (the
new address) wasn't able to access svn.gnome.org.

Should be fixed with the nightly update, when also the
automatic-after-commit updates should become visible (they are
already, but since the full update didn't happen, stats are somewhat
out of sync :).

> Are the stats wrong, or is it simply that they don't show decimal
> quantities?
>
> I think we really need to know when 100% isn't 100%. Otherwise, we
> might miss doing updates that are needed.

It's an almost impossible problem to solve.  I've fixed the case when
there is an existing, old POT file available to recalculate the stats
agains that OLD POT, but this would still be incorrect data.  If an
red "error" icon appears next to translation, that may explain the
reason.

But if the new POT file is incorrect, or the PO file fails the "msgfmt
-c" test, how can you expect to know for sure if your translation is
indeed at 100% as the stats say?  Alternative is to just list such
translations as 0% (0/0/0), but that won't do any good, IMO.

I've readded the POT error/warning icons to language pages as well, so
you can now see the reason for them.

The old status pages did also have the same problem, it's just that
they never showed it anywhere (and they had a big collection of old
POT files, so when something like that happened, the difference was on
the margin of 1%, so you could hardly notice).

Cheers,
Danilo