Re: Would it save time for translators to fold similar lines?

Just briefly (since it's almost dinnertime here):

On 02/12/2007, Djihed Afifi <djihedlists googlemail com> wrote:
> في ح، 02-12-2007 عند 15:11 -0500 ، كتب Thomas Thurman:
>
> > So:
> >
> > 1) It would have saved trouble had the system been designed like this
> > originally, wouldn't it?
>
> You mean gettext? that would be good. But isn't it difficult for it to
> know which strings are static? (like your example above). Should it go
> by the quotes?

I did actually mean that the Metacity developers (including me) could
have put in some more effort to make life easy for the translators,
rather than "the system" being some kind of super system to go around
making life easy for translators without concerning the programmers,
but both are a good plan, I think.

Thomas