Re: Count of localised GNOME desktops

Simos Xenitellis skrev:
> Hi All,
> I was wondering if there are stats of the number of localised GNOME
> desktops per language, as used by distributions.
> This would help to direct localisation efforts and get more support.

According to Ubuntus popcon (number of package installations):

German 21318
French 18900
Spanish 17226
Portugese 8604
Italian 8353
Russian 6050
Polish 3815
Chinese 3666
Japanese 3283
cs 2967
Dutch 2648
Swedish 2598
Argentina 2542
Finnish 2432
..

I did search for the package language-pack-xx (where xx is language
code). Of course, far from everyone uses popcon.

http://popcon.ubuntu.com/main/by_inst

--
Daniel Nylander (CISSP, GCUX, GCFA)
Stockholm, Sweden

"Såsom en väl spenderad dag tillbringar god sömn, så tillbringar ett väl
levt liv, en fridfull död.
		- Leonardo da Vinci