Re: Server for web-based translation tool

gnome-i18n
translate-pootle

On 01/09/2006, at 3:03 AM, Raphael Higino wrote:

Some months ago I read on gnome-i18n that the GNOME Project (or
Foundation) has been given a server that would be used by GTP for
hosting status pages. AFAIR it'd also be used to host a web-based
translation tool such as Pootle or Rosetta.

How are the plans for hosting such translation tool? Could it be
functional for next release cycle?

Thanks for any news.

If you have this in mind, it would be useful to learn from the current Debian project integrating Pootle into an overall i18n infrastructure.

Also, the best way to create the Pootle [1] you want is to use the current servers, log bugs and make suggestions. The Wordforge project is very responsive to the needs of upstream projects and translation teams.

I can speak from my own experience, since I've used various Pootles for some time now, and I've been quite taken aback (but delighted) to see how quickly my bugs are fixed (sometimes live on IRC!), and how wholeheartedly my suggestions are taken up.

Pootle is free-software. I think that might have something to do with the user-centric approach. ;)

[1] http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle