Re: Tamil support: Ubuntu Drapper Beta, Gnome

Hi,

On 5/4/06, Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net> wrote:
This is done in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
Notice the section <prefer></prefer> which is a preference list for fonts.
When the system wants to show Tamil, it will traverse the list until it
finds Tamil glyphs.
Therefore, the order is important to get the correct Tamil font selected.

Yes! I put "Lohit Tamil" as my first preference and it worked! Awesome!

Thanks to Gora (from ubuntu-in) and Simos for their timely help. I am all set.

As always, it is PEBKAC :)

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan