Re: Tamil support: Ubuntu Drapper Beta, Gnome

Hi Simos and others,

On 5/3/06, Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net> wrote:
Rendering should work ok. If not, it's an issue of what default font
Ubuntu uses for Tamil. Use Accessories/Character Map, find Tamil group
and right-click on letters. This will show which font is used for Tamil.

Yes, you are right. I changed it to "Lohit Tamil" and it displayed it correctly.

http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/tamil/corrected-1.jpg

If FreeSans/FreeMono is used, then there are issues with it and you need
to fix with Ubuntu (or "fontconfig" at FreeDesktop).

I have contacted them and Gora Mohanty has replied.

I am still looking at the keyboard input issue. Another screenshot
with the correct menu interface but, incorrect display in gedit:

http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/tamil/input-error.jpg

I should be all set when this is resolved.

Regards,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan