Re: strange language in the status pages

On 3/29/06, Tino Meinen <a t meinen chello nl> wrote:
> Browsing through the status pages (we have 100 languages now!) I found a
> strange language that I haven't heard of before: nl-1
> It's at number 87 right now.
> Looking closer I see that there's only one module translated, and it's
> an old version of a gucharmap module translated to Dutch (nl)
>
> I've no idea how that language ended up in the status pages, but I think
> it can be savely removed (bringing the number of languages back to 99)

AFAIK, you should be able to cvs remove that po file and then the nl-1
"language" will automatically disappear from the status pages.

In general, I do not think that cvs adding a "backup" of any file is a
good idea at all -- it only creates unfortunate side effects like
this, polluting many views with obsolete stuff.
Instead, cvs version history should be used if you want to retrieve an
old version. That's what cvs is for.