Re: strange language in the status pages

On 2006-03-29T14:58:04+0300, a t meinen chello nl wrote:
> Browsing through the status pages (we have 100 languages now!) I found a
> strange language that I haven't heard of before: nl-1
> Looking closer I see that there's only one module translated, and it's
> an old version of a gucharmap module translated to Dutch (nl)

That nl-1.po was committed by Vincent van Adrighem many days ago.

Can you Vincent explain us curious people what is that language?-)
It is only in gucharmap branch gnome-2-14, and it is not listed in
configure.ac ALL_LINGUAS. So was this some kind of mistake or not?

What is the difference between Dutch (nl) and nl-1?

Here is some lines from ChangeLog:

2006-03-07  Vincent van Adrighem  <adrighem gnome org>
        * nl.po: Translation updated by Tino Meinen.
2006-03-06  Vincent van Adrighem  <adrighem gnome org>
        * nl-1.po: Translation added by Sebastien Bruggeman.

> I've no idea how that language ended up in the status pages, but I think
> it can be savely removed (bringing the number of languages back to 99)

It has ended there because status scripts grab all .po files.

--
Tommi Vainikainen