Re: Quick brown fox

O/H Theppitak Karoonboonyanan ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
On 3/12/06, Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:
I've been looking at the Font preview window and it
occurs to me -- do other languages show 'The quick
brown fox jumps over the lazy dog', or do they
translate it?

This is something that should be translated for
cultural purposes rather than meaning. Other languages
have their own pangrams that are used in this sort of
situation to show all characters.

'Allez porter ce whisky au vieux juge blond qui fume.'

I remember contributing to Markus Kuhn's quickbrown file:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/quickbrown.txt
Wikipedia has a list of pangrams, at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangram
As it might be difficult to find pangrams for your language, a common alternative is to list the alphabet.

Simos