Re: Populations

Today at 5:24, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> What puzzles me is where this data comes from. I know last time we
> did the Release Notes, I queried the number of Vietnamese speakers,
> since the last official census in Vietnam reported a much larger
> figure than that in the release notes. I think it bugs any user group
> when information about them is seriously inaccurate.

http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=vie

Note what people usually tell you is the number of citizens, not first
language speakers.  And, if we start counting second language speakers
as well, we'd get pretty large figures for English, Spanish, French,
German and other popular foreign languages.

Cheers,
Danilo