Re: Fonts for distribution

ØÙØ ØÙâØÙØÙØ 2006-03-07 ØØØØ 10:20 +0100Ø Erdal Ronahi ÙÙØØ:
> are there any free fonts out there that are known to support the
> variants of Arabic script well? We have particular problems with
> Kurdish which has some diacritics not used in other languages. There
> are a lot of fonts for standard arabic script, but less for variants.
> I could not find any suitable font in Ubuntu, and I think this is an
> issure for GNOME also.
>
> Maybe Roozbeh knows?

Apart from SIL fonts (which are gratis but not free), I don't know any
gratis fonts that support the additional Kurdish letters. If you have
the time, you can try getting one of the free Arabic fonts and add
Kurdish support to it. The FarsiWeb Persian fonts are already shipped
with Debian, and the King Abdulaziz City fonts are shipped with both
Debian and Fedora.

Both are unfortunately under-maintained these days, of course.

roozbeh