Re: Fonts for distribution

Hi,

Take a look at the Scheherazade and Lateef smart fonts By Jonathan Kew
and Bob Hallissy from SIL: http://scripts.sil.org/ArabicFonts

They're not free as in freedom yet, but will probably be released under
the OFL (http://scripts.sil.org/OFL ) in the future.

Yes, I know them. They have all the characters. Unfortunately they look extremely small in mixed Latin/Arabic text. Are they shipped with any distribution at the moment?

What I am looking for is a font that IS or WILL be distributed with GNOME or at least one major distribution to use it as a default on websites like the Kurdish Wikipedia.

Regards,
Erdal