Re: Fixing bug #330868 in a smart way

Hi,

Why do you need a new module? You can do these translations in gtk+, where the dialog is defined.

It would be nice, if gtk would have predefined licenses available for the about dialog.

Yair

Paolo Maggi wrote:
Hi,
	I was giving a look to bug #330868 (Adding "License" button and dialog
to About dialog). It seems to me we are duplicating the same long
strings (mostly the GPL license) in most applications marking them for
translation in order to add a "License" button to the about dialog.

What about storing the most important open source licenses in a unique
repository in order to minimize string duplication and translators work?
I'm thinking to a special package like the one containing all the
languages name (the iso_639 module).

I'm particularly interested in knowing what our fantastic i18n team
thinks about this problem. Is it a real problem for you or am I on
crack? Any volunteer to set up the module?

Ciao,
Paolo