Re: Unification of free software disclaimers

On 12/07/2006, at 3:27 AM, Yavor Doganov wrote:

However, I think that it's important to have translated licences since
a lot of people don't speak English at all and these people are part
of our common target group, provided:

	* These translations include the official translation
          disclaimer both in English and translated;

Yes, please! GNOME is the only place I have found these licences translated without the GNU disclaimer. See my other email on this topic.

	* Ideally, the original English licence is included or,
          better, a link or something else pointing to it;
	* This refers to the docs module as well, not only to the
          "About" boxes;
	* We're talking only about the FSF licences.  GNOME is part of
          the GNU Project and uses the copyleft licences that FSF has
          created.  The other less common ones just don't matter.

I think the OFL [1] is worth considering, especially if we include fonts with our distro.

[1] Open Font Licence: http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php? site_id=nrsi&id=OFL