GPL: disclaimer and format

Hi everyone :)

It's taking me a while to catch up with things, so sorry if I come an go a bit. That will probably continue.

I recently translated the GNU General Public Licence. It had not previously been translated into our language. My translation has been reviewed by another member of our overall team, and has been sent to GNU as an unofficial translation following their guidelines, also posted in vi.Wikisource. [1

Having translated the GPL, I used my translation to complete the gpl.po which is part of the Debian Installer User Manual [2], and the gpl.po which is in gnome-desktop/desktop-docs.

I have two concerns with the GNOME version:

1. It does not include the disclaimer which GNU insist _must_ be included. [3] I imagine there are heavy legal consequences for not including it, and in any case, my translation is definitely an unofficial one: I am not a professional translator with insurance to cover legal issues, and I have not consulted lawyers about the content. How do I add the required disclaimer to the gpl.po file? The Debian PO file does include the disclaimer, but the GNOME file doesn't have it at all.

2. The text in the GNOME gpl.po does not always follow the order of the original GPL (or of the Debian gpl.po). This would be confusing if one were translating the GNOME version first. I strongly recommend the paragraphs and headers be placed in order in this file. The original text does have an ordered and logical message, so disrupting the order of paragraphs or sentences also disrupts the meaning, and makes it more difficult for the translator to understand.

I do remember point 1 being raised here before. I think it's important that we resolve it ASAP.

[1] http://vi.wikisource.org/wiki/GPL
[2] http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/manual/POT/
[3] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html