Re: String change in Yelp

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 17:21 +0200, Tino Meinen wrote:
> Op wo, 26-07-2006 te 09:29 -0500, schreef Shaun McCance:
> > I've changed the string "Sound & Vision" to
> > "Sound & Video".  This string is used as a
> > category for documentation, and corresponds
> > directly to the applications in the "Sound &
> > Video" applications menu.
> I never understood why this was not: Audio & Video
> Is Sound more a more generic term than Audio or something?

I think "audio" is kind of a geek word in American English.
It's not technobabble, per se.  Everybody knows what it means.
But people don't generally use the word that often.  Same goes
for "multimedia".  I guess "sound" is just more personable.

But I don't know the exact reasoning.  I didn't decide on the
strings.  I'm just making Yelp consistent.

--
Shaun