Re: Editing via webcvs?

On 22/01/2006, at 6:25 PM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Clytie Siddall wrote:

During the recent string-rush (euphemistically called string-freeze),
I've found myself repeatedly downloading large files like epiphany,
evolution and gimp, only to edit one small string, in the case of
gimp today, to change "2005" to "2006".

What do you mean by "large files like ephy, evo and gimp"? You mean the whole modules? You don't have to check the module out completely. Something like cvs co gimp/configure.in should work...

That will update the file without leaving lots of <<< marks (like update?)

This seems a waste of bandwidth. Can we use webcvs, for example, to
edit files directly? (Until we have Pootle? :) )

No, don't think so. But just stop by on #gnome-hackers or another IRC channel and ask someone to make such changes for you.

Thanks, I'll try to get my head around IRC. I used to use it, but I can't access most things in my mind now. [1]

(I know I can edit directly via vi, but I get confused and have
trouble remembering things, so vi isn't my best option. I manage
better with visual aids.)

I thought vi is your best option. Why don't you translate to something that is your best option? ;)

Sorry, my fault for not explaining better: I meant the editor vi. :D

Again, I used to use it a lot, but now I can't remember where I am or what keys to use.

Thanks, Behdad. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)

[1] Progressive brain damage. I need new hardware. ;)