Re: Igbo translation of gnome

On 1/20/06, abunwanne yahoo com <abunwanne yahoo com> wrote:
> Nkem,
>
> Your mail ended up in my bulk mail folder.
>
> The actual translation website is www.igbolinux.org
> not the sourceforge site that is probably listed on
> Gnome.org and needs to be updated.

> translate several Gnome/KDE/Open Office into Igbo
> although progress early last year stalled because of
> changes to the team and relocation for work (on my
> part).
>
> I welcome your initiative and co-coordinating the
> translation effort jointly with you would work well
> since my time is extremely limited and getting people
> to help translate into Igbo from outside the country
> has proven to be very difficult.
>
> With that said, we have to talk about how we will
> jointly partner on this. Please email me your ideas
> and how you plan to proceed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nwabu.

I'm glad that you are now discussing ways of cooperation.

Regarding the team URL issue; part of the responsibility of a language
team coordinator is to let the GTP know when contact details should be
updated.
That being said, I have now updated the Igbo team URL on the gnome.org
language teams page, but please keep this in mind for the future.
Thanks.