Re: Fonts for distribution

ØÙØ ÚÙØØØÙØÙØ 2006-02-22 ØØØØ 16:54 +1030Ø Clytie Siddall ÙÙØØ:
> What do you guys think? If we could release Gentium and maybe Doulos
> with distros, our users have effective, true Unicode fonts which will
> display all localizations.

Gentium, Doulos, and Charis are already available in Fedora, in packages
named "gentium-fonts", "doulos-fonts", and "charis-fonts". All three are
currently available for Fedora Core 5 test versions, while at the
present moment only gentium-fonts is available for Fedora Core 4 (Charis
and Doulos will be available in a few days).

For example, to install the Gentium on Fedora, one can simply type:
# yum install gentium-fonts

> Everson Mono turns out to be shareware (I don't remember that when I
> was first pointed to it :( ):
>
> http://www.evertype.com/emono/emshareware.html

Well, Michael Everson, the font author, is a dear friend of mine, and I
have been trying to make him release that font under a free software
license. I even made him watch the movie Revolution OS to get better
ideas of what I am really talking about. No real progress yet, but I
guess I will try again and again.

roozbeh