CVS *and* SVN?

Hi everybody :)

Today I checked out the gossip module, so I could submit the translation I'd created for it, and when I went to CVS Add the file, I found I couldn't access that function.

The gossip main and po directories have both CVS and .svn directories. My text editor [1] was, I think, assessing the files based on the first source-control directory it encountered. (I have queried this on the mailing list for my text editor.)

I temporarily removed the .svn directories, and was able to add and commit the new file.

Is this a part of the changeover to SVN? Will both CVS and .svn directories appear in packages and their po directories? if so, how should we manage this?

I don't know how well the command-line CVS handles multiple source- control directories in packages, but my text editor, notoriously efficient and picky, was not happy.

Thanks for any help you can offer with this.

(Should I copy this to cvsmaster? Do we have a comparable svn address yet?)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)

[1] BBEdit 8 for Mac OSX.