Monitoring string-freeze breakages (was: Re: String addition to gnome-terminal

On 18/02/2006, at 10:56 PM, Kjartan Maraas wrote:

I'd like to see something like:

- every day (during string freeze) generate a fresh .pot file for all
modules (already done by the status page thingy)
- diff it with yesterday's version and if any of the msgids have changed
post a notice of changed strings to a list
(string-freeze-break-list gnome org)?
- let translators subscribe to this list to get the news instead of
relying only on the status page for this

Would this work for the other translators?

I agree with Danilo, this makes sense.

It saves us time, and means we won't be putting in multiple string- freeze-breakage reports. I'm not entirely sure which files are limited by the string freeze anyway, or what to report, so I'd appreciate a script which funnelled this data to a list translators could monitor.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to contribute this facility, either. : ( Do we have a volunteer?

(Yes, you! We need your help. :) )

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)